Thursday, January 31, 2008

Endings

I hate saying goodbye, it's just not something I've ever been good at. Today my Squier guitar amp died. I think my roommate killed it, but that's beside the point. That amp has been with me for so long. It was a terrible amp when I got it, and it remained consistent throughout its life, I admire that kind of dedication. The Squier was probably more consistent with regard to my guitar playing than I ever was. Anyway, today I had to say goodbye to it, sounds silly, but it still affected me.
Next week I have to say goodbye to a friend of mine, a girl who meant a great deal to me. In my life I think I have been blessed to know a few very important women, each has come and gone in their own way, leaving me somehow changed, for better or worse. I think that this one might have been one of the best for me, and it's my hope that she feels the same way about me.
It is always difficult to say goodbye to a friend, but I think that if you can honestly say that you had a positive influence on each other then I think there can be no real pain in the separation.
I have more thoughts on this matter, but I have to get to class, so I'll just leave you with that for now, be good to each other.

No comments: