Tuesday, January 16, 2007

His anger exploded like never before!

First class of the semester is over, I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing. I'm definitely in a much better place than before, I feel more equipped to deal with things as they come and I'm ready to focus on my studies and get this degree out of the way. I had almost forgotten what it's like to wait for the elevators at Anderson, what a glorious 10 minutes of nostalgia that was.
My personal favorite feature of those elevators is the person who waits for 5 or 10 minutes in the crowd just to go to the 2nd or 3rd floor. I list them as a feature since they don't appear to be human, since if they were human that would be suggesting that they are in college, and if they are a human being smart enough to be in college I would think that they might posess the intelligence to see how moronic it is to wait with a mass of people and then cramp yourself onto a smelly elevator just to avoid a 20 second walk up some stairs. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
I had class this morning with one of my roommates, Andy and I are taking American Realism and Naturalism, which is brewing up to be as exciting as it sounds. I've never pretended that the classes in my major are exciting. While sitting in class this morning I saw one of the Great Antagonists in the hallway going to one of his classes. The Great Antagonists are all the people who I have accidentally or purposefully fallen into opposition with during my college years. There are several of them and they all seem to appear in close proximity to me with alarming frequency. One of the Great Antagonists from last year ended up commuting this year because due to his falling out with my friends and I he elected not to live in the city any longer. I heard a report today that the reason he listed for his commuting was that if he lived at home for a semester and worked full time he would be able to 'finally afford a car' which is interesting to me since he owned a car last year and chose to sell it because he didn't need one. I am perpetually fascinated by the lies people create.
Anyway, I must be off, much to do and the sun fades fast in these winter days. In parting I'd just like to posit that it may be possible to relieve Blue Balls by sneezing, this hypothesis is based upon both theory and empirical evidence, however I myself am unwilling to continue this research further. I will provide starting notes for anyone who wants to pursue this painful but gentlemanly research, just drop me an email.

No comments: