Friday, January 5, 2007

Not a real person......A QVC shopper

I'll admit I've purchased something from QVC before, it was a power washer that could aparently clean anything from decks to concrete to children's faces. I think it might actually remove children's faces though so don't go trying that without reading the instructions. Regardless, I bought the power washer for my dad for his birthday, and he stil has never used it. You might think I might be a bit pissed off by this, after all I did buy it for him and the least he could do is use it once. But no, I have no right to be angry, because the reason I bought it for him was selfish and assinine.
Earlier that year on mischief night I pulled pranks on our neighbors, rearranged lawn furniture, moved a for-sale sign, and silly stringed messages onto driveways saying "help, I've trapped in your driveway." Of course as an alibi I had to prank my own house so no-one would suspect (I would like to point out that this was a few years ago, I swear I'm not this kind of person now...). So I sillystringed pretty much my whole house and made a real mess.
Well, all the neighbors cleaned up their yards and houses, meanwhile I was far too lazy to wipe off the walls of my house. As a resul the silly string caked on and became largely irremovable. Finally in February as my Dad's birthday is coming around I see the power washer on QVC and immediately order it so that my dad can clean up my mess from 3 months prior. My mom was actually pretty thrilled, but I think she just liked the idea of having a power washer around. My dad saw right through the bullshit though, he's never touched that power washer and I can't say I blame him. Since then the gifts I get for my dad have improved significantly.

No comments: